Saturday, November 05, 2005

Friday, Oct. 28th: Here's Johnny!!!

posted by John Blanco @ 4:13 PM

 



Friday was a lazier day...we started off with Le Peep for breakfast after we all slept in a bit to catch up on our rest. :-) Le Peep is a great little brunch place, and devoured skillets and french toasts.

Then, we headed northwest a ways and went to Estes Park. Estes Park is one of Michele and I's favorite places. Good shopping, good treats, and it's the home of the Stanley Hotel -- where Stephen King stayed and hatched the idea for The Shining. *You hear that Glenn...we're taking YOU, too!)

My personal little highlight is the gigantic cookie I ate, which I always love, whenever we're there. Think two GIANT chocolate chip cookies, with fudge spread between them, into a sandwich with more calories than I can count on my toes 500 times over. ;-)

But, worth it!

Which leads us to our most anticipated dinner of the week, Cinzetti's. :-) A real treat for us in Denver...I know it must be a chain, but I'm not sure where else...it's an Italian buffet. I know, I know, buffets are cheap and sleezy places, but NOT this one. This is a fancy-shmancy and nice place to go, and we gorged on all manner of Italian dishes: sausage and peppers, meatballs, meatloaf, Tuscan chicken, house salads, shrimp, etc.

DELICIOUS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home