Saturday, November 05, 2005

Tuesday, Oct. 25th: Back to Ft. Collins!

posted by John Blanco @ 4:16 PM

 



Originally on Tuesday, I'd planned for Chris and I to go tour Invesco Field at Mile High (Home of the Denver Broncos). But, at the last minute on Monday, I learned that Invesco wasn't available for tours til Thursday! So, there was a change in plans.

On Tuesday, with Michele at work, Chris and I drove about 75 miles north to Ft. Collins! This is where I went to college from 1995 to 1998, and is generally regarded by me as my favorite town and most adventurous time of my life. :-) During the trip, Chris and I of course had plenty of time to talk somemore, and indeed we did.

Equipped with a rudimentary map of the campus area, we explored the old haunts. We stopped by Prospect Plaza, my first apartment! We circled the campus, and then we stopped at a little privately-owned music store on W. Elizabeth named Finest. This was the music store located pretty close to where my dorm was. It's a great little store, and I bought many CD's there. Chris, however, was in HEAVEN.

You see, Chris is a bit of a music buff. :-) He scoured every cassette tape and every piece of vinyl (he likes the vintage stuff) and scored about 10 new albums. We also picked up the new Fiona Apple CD (excellent!) and I also got a Beatles tape for my car.

Chris oogled all the girls, and escaped arrest a few times for squeezing the granola girls. In the end, though, he avoided any arrests. ;-)

Then, we drove over to the Computer Science building, parked, and walked on to campus. What fun! The only downside here is that I'm an idiot and forgot the camera. :-( We went through the Oval (a beautiful lawn sits there), checked out some of the buildings I had classes in (Clark, Glover, etc.) and then went to the Lory Student Center for lunch. This was always my favorite place to eat! At the time, it was Hardees, but it was the seating area I loved...grungy, lots of dark spots, and a great place to escape from your dormmates, classes, and everything and just enjoy some food and read.

This time, it was Carl's Jr. and a completely renovated eating area. :-( But it was nice, and Chris and I chatted some more while he made some tough decisions on who on campus he would abduct and marry. (Bella will be pissed, Chris.)

We came back home to meet up with Michele, after listening to some Fiona while we waited for her to arrive. :-) Then, the three of us drove west to Idaho Springs for dinner at Beau Joe's! Mmmmmm...Beau Joe's.

That's Colorad'-style pizza for the East'nas reading this.

And the day was done.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I demand that you give me a call next time you are in Fort Collins.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home