Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Good Food, Good Gaming, and Suckitude!

posted by John Blanco @ 2:49 PM

 

Busy weekend.

I took the day off from work Friday so that Michele and I could go up to Estes Park and attend the Irish Festival. It was awesome. Irish dancing, Irish puppies, Irish gaming, Irish shopping, and lots of sugary goodness. ;-)

Afterwards, we saw the 40-year-old virgin, and that movie was HI-larious! I strongly recommend! But don't go with your parents. ;-)

On Saturday, we went to my nephew's 2nd birthday party. Meatball subs for food, and entertainment watching that little guy get overwhelmed by presents. :-)

On Sunday...it was T-I-M-E! Football is back! Sadly, not yet for the Broncos...

I passed up a trip to Mt. Evans with my friends to stay and watch the Broncos play their opener. BIG mistake. The Broncos got taken to the woodshed by the Miami Dolphins, a team predicted to end up in last place.

Not a great way to start the year. :-(

Later on, I did meet up with the gang in Idaho Springs to enjoy some Beau Joe's. Mmmmmmmm...one of my favorite places.

My fantasy team had better fortunes...the Insane Fuschia Monkey Riot managed to score the top point total of the first week. :-) We're 1-0! Last year, I started 0-5...yikes.

Avatara is on track as well. I have my chess engine under the microscope, upgraded to Java 5, and I'm even using JUnit to handle my testing which will be a HUGE benefit! Automated and regressive testing as I go...excellent. Now I can feel free to break my code, and be assured I'll catch errors quickly. ;-)

Also, on the last level of Minish Cap. One more dungeon to go!








1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

It's called the Estes Park Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festoval to be exact. It's not just an Irish Festival! ;)

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home