Sunday, September 04, 2005

My Weight Chart and Avatara News

posted by John Blanco @ 11:31 AM

 



This is my weight chart. About 11 weeks ago, I started a new diet I designed myself. It's a calorie-diet. I calculated how many calories a 180-pound, moderately active male, would need per day. That ended up being about 2,500 calories for me.

Then, I stuck to that number. I made a few substitutions in my diet to keep the calories down. Pretzels instead of chips. One slice of bread for a sandwich instead of two. C2 over Coke. Water over soda at restaurants. Chicken Caesar Salad over Qdoba.

Slowly, but surely, the weight has come off. I lose about a pound and a half a week. My official weigh-in day is Sunday. I've been keeping an Excel graph of my weight loss, and there it is. :-)

The diet has been drop-dead easy. I've rarely made any kind of serious sacrifice. The only trouble I ever have is at work, when I wouldn't mind chowing on some goodies as the day drags on. I've adjusted my eating habit so I delay eating breakfast til 8:30 (I usually get in at least an hour earlier), so that I get less hungry before lunch.

According to the trend line, I have a little more than 2 weeks to go on this thing. :-) I've already told the Yog I will celebrate with something nifty when I'm done: either a giant bag of chocolate flipz, Dairy Queen, or KFC. ;-)

...

On to Avatara News. Chess Avatara is being delayed. The problem is that the map editor tool that I was going to use is showing its shortcomings. I have been unable to find a suitable replacement. :-( So, I am faced with writing my own tool, to do specifically what I need it to do. On one hand, it will delay Avatara about a month as I write it -- however, it's also kind of a good thing, because Avatara's design was morphing a bit based on the limitations of the tool I was using.

So, I will design an editing tool. :-) Perhaps, if it's good enough, I can use it on future projects as well. Who knows?

It'll be written in Java, of course. :-)

Other miscellaneous news...I've finished books 1 and 2 of Harry Potter, and I am on chapter 5 of The Prisoner of Azkaban now. I'm really liking re-reading this book, because the other two were so familiar to me because I've seen the movies too many times. I only saw Azkaban once, so everything seems so new and surprising. Nice!

Today, going to the in-laws to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. I shall continue, of course, to eat well. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Net blogs for retail pull 'em in, boost sales
The online retail industry is seeing opportunity in the blog boom. Retailers are creating blogs - a term derived from Web logs, or online musings - to promote brand awareness and sales.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a liposuction toronto site all about liposuction toronto and special offers which you may find interesting !.

Come and check it out :-)

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home