Monday, July 14, 2008

Weapon of War

posted by John Blanco @ 10:04 AM

 

Spent a couple hours last night putting together this little guy. It's a Scrabble Word Analyzer:



It's a pretty little wrapper over this tool which I wrote in Adobe AIR. Much handier and easier to use.

What it does is take any set of letters (generally 7) and gives you all the legal Scrabble words you can make from it. Obviously, this little gem could cheat you to a title. However, I'm using it to practice. I just type in an imaginary Scrabble tile rack, then analyze for a bit, trying to come up with bingos and big words. Then, just hit Enter, and in seconds, I have the answers.

So far, it's helping with the 3-letter words. I browse all the words it finds, and I find the 3-letter words sticking to my mind the most because they happen more frequently. It's just not as common to run into ARISTAE, but I'll keep that one in my memory, too. ;-)

If you want a copy of it, just let me know. I can email it. Or just use the Web page for the inferior Web experience (with far less purple!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Arthur FItt said...

You see, now I really, really, really will never play Scrabble with you

12:15 PM  
Blogger Arthur FItt said...

But my Grandma would LOVE too.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

is THAT how Michele got AIOLI? ;) JK

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home