Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nothing Is New Under The Sun

posted by John Blanco @ 7:44 PM

 

I've been in a bit of a creative funk lately. Not for a lack of ideas on projects, but because everything I come up with has been already done.

I'm still bitter about 2 years ago when I spent days designing out a beautiful political game, only to have my friend, Vincen, point me at a "similar" game. Well, not only was it similar, it was like they read my mind down to the fine details!

It continued in the last 2 weeks. I had two distinct ideas for writing a Facebook application, only to find out they have been done. One was a brilliant dating service, the other was a gossiper. BOTH DONE. The dating service that uses my idea is actually doing quite well. Fortunately, the gossiper app has about as many users as you can count on two hands. So, that saved me some time.

For now, I will turn my attention to AIR. Screw Facebook. There are a ZILLION apps written for it, and they all pretty much suck except for a few. Every conceivable idea has been implemented. And there's no money in it, anyway. ;-)

Bah, if only this were the old days. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home