Monday, April 28, 2008

John McCain's (Non) Health Care Place

posted by John Blanco @ 2:04 PM

 

Here's John McCain's idea for healthcare:


"I've made it very clear that what I want is for families to make decisions about their health care, not government, and that's the fundamental difference between myself and Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton," McCain told reporters in Miami, Florida, referring to the two remaining Democratic presidential candidates, Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"They want the government to make the decisions, I want the families to make decisions," he said.

During a speech at the Miami Children's Hospital in Miami, Florida, McCain said he was ready to take on the "parochial interests" in health care and challenged doctors, hospitals, drug manufactures and insurance providers to do a better job of holding down costs.


This is code for, "I'm not gonna do shit about it." All the Republicans go with this explanation. They like it the way it is -- but ya have to say something about it. A vote for McCain is a vote to "stay the course" on one of the most volatile, corrupt, and disastrous systems for American families.

Of course, if I was John McCain, A US SENATOR, I wouldn't trust myself with taking care of healthcare either. But that's why we're trying to keep him OUT of government, aren't we?

3 Comments:

Blogger Marshall said...

McSame! Yea the government isn't making decisions about our health care instead insurance companies that have one motive, to make profit and increase shareholder value, and killing a few people in the process is no big deal. At least the government is sort of accountable. Insurance companies are doing their fiduciary responsibility and that is killing people to make money. Lets be blunt here. WSJ had an article today and hospitals demanding payment up front. In one case it was upwards of 100K for chemo treatment and no treatment until she basically got herself bonded. Gee sure sounded like someone is making decisions about health care and it isn't the patient. Welcome to the American way...Republican style.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Marshall ... you think the government is accountable? You must live in a different world than I.

I'm not interested in debating which candidate is better, but I know one thing. I don't want the federal government making my health care choices. Socialized medicine is the wrong road to follow. Ask anyone that lives in Canada. Canadians with the means to buy their own healthcare cross the border and get treatment in the States.

You are so wrapped up with the political hyperbole about healthcare that you aren't using your powers of reason. Government controlled anything is an excersize in mediocrity ... and I don't want some bored bureaucrat making healthcare decisions if my child gets ill.

6:27 PM  
Blogger John Blanco said...

Hey Robert, I'm guessing you don't really have a kid because if you did you'd be preferring goveernment mediocrity over insurance company rape.

Ask anyone in Canada you say? OK. They like it.

But how about this? How about we OPEN UP a government program and let people optionally choose it? How about that? You keep your plan, I keep mine. Wouldn't that be a fair compromise?

Good...that's what the Democratic candidates want. Now shut up and pay attention, nerd.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home