Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snow Days?!

posted by John Blanco @ 5:53 PM

 

Wow, it takes a lot to knock me out of work for a couple days straight due to weather. However, that happened today!

Colorado is being hit by a blizzard of massive proportions. Our airport is shut down. Our highways are shutting down. There are people stranded in their cars and in the airport.

People who arrived this morning by plane were told they can't get their luggage because the planes can't approach the terminal. People who had their flights cancelled are also being told the same thing -- their baggage can't be returned quite yet.

It's a mess!

My co-worker, Dorrie, was supposed to have her in-laws arrive today from Texas. I'm not sure if they made it (Mike, you out there?) or not, but if their flight was anywhere in the afternoon then I'd say no. Otherwise, they are here and have no luggage??

I already called in and am skipping work tomorrow. Luckily, I don't have any pressing deadlines, so if the timing for this thing can be considered good -- then it's good.

Just 4 days til Christmas, can ya wait??

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Hurray for snow days!!! Snuggling to stay warm, hot chocolate chip cookies, and playing on our Wii...makes me smile. :)

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home