Monday, December 04, 2006

Day #11 - First Time Seeing Grandma In 11 Years!

posted by John Blanco @ 9:09 PM

 



On what we thought would be our last day in New York, Michele and I said our goodbyes to Susan and the kids and then went over to my mom's place to await the arrival of my grandma from Florida.

Completely coincidentally, she planned her trip at the tail end of ours. If luck was on our side, we'd get to see her for a couple hours. Michele had never met her, and I hadn't seen her since I was 19 years old -- when she came up with my grandpa when my mom had her cardiac arrest and I was going to Colorado State University at the time.

Thanks to some bad luck, her flight was delayed an hour -- however, we got to see her for just over an hour before we had to go! We had good times...and we all enjoyed a traditional liqure (sp?) when she arrived. OK, it was nasty, but they enjoyed it. ;-)

At 4 PM, my brother showed up to take us to the airport and we said our goodbyes. Goodbye New York, we had so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cue the music...da da da, dum dum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home