Monday, July 24, 2006

And Baby Make 3...

posted by John Blanco @ 8:00 PM

 

Well, yep, the Blancos are pregnant. Specifically, Michele. :-) We're still very early, so hopefully all goes well.

Wow, I'm gonna be a dad. Freaky! I look forward to it, but it's definitely something that took a little while to settle in. Soon, just a few months from now, I'm going to be trading in my computer books for daddy books. Trading in my chess books for baby sign language books. :-)

Craziness! :-)

...

Not entirely coincidentially, I'm at a cross-roads in my professional career. I have interviewed and am about to start a part-time contracting job to work with a company that operates in the Internet ether -- 100% telecommuting.

The skills involved are all ones I have been familiar with...but I've decided to reinvent myself in many of these areas.

For example, I am rebuilding my entire framework of HTML knowledge by studying it from the beginning. This was actually a really good idea! A lot of my HTML pre-conceptions were HTML 3-era. I missed the CSS revolution -- even though I know CSS. It's quite complicated, but sufice to say that I now have a lot more clarity on how XHTML 1.x relates to HTML 4.01/CSS which relates to the old browser-war era of HTML 3.

Interesting.

I'll be doing the same for DHTML and PHP. Like I said, I know these technologies already, but I think it's healthy to relearn a technology from the ground up after a few iterations have past just to understand the new semantics.

...

Also, in the last few days, we've seen our sophett repaired (Lowes' deliveryman ran into it with his tractor) and my brother-in-law has been cleaning up our yard by removing our dead tree, pruning our dogwood tree, and prepping our window area for a retaining wall which will look so good!

...

And now, gonna watch some Daily Show. I'll see y'all. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home