Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The United States of Wal-Mart

posted by John Blanco @ 9:40 PM

 

Whoo hoo! Just finished the book. *Very* enlightening. Overall, Wal-Mart has the right to do what they do -- but we should not support them.

We're not just talking bad jobs, with bad benefits, and bad pay. We're talking about our taxpayer money making up the difference! If a Wal-Mart employee gets sick, and they don't have coverage (mostly the case), guess who's dollars are funding Medicaid?

Am I against Medicaid? Hell, no. People come first. Am I against the fact that a multi-billion dollar company like Wal-Mart is not doing their duty and covering their employees health costs -- whilst I have to take money out of my families hands to do it instead?

You bet your ass I'm mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home