Friday, November 18, 2005

Drowning in Fun

posted by John Blanco @ 8:47 AM

 

I have a really bad habit. OK, prolly a few, but one that I've known for a while, and would like to shed, but it's tough. :-)

The bad habit is that I organize my leisure time too much and when I get overwhelmed, I start treating my entertainment like a list of job tasks. Then I over-organize...and do things like blog about my Avatara progress.

Oh wait.

This blog is all about everything I am doing, or plan on doing, in my spare time. There's a lot in the queue, and I've been trying to finish some stuff to make room. As you can see, it's becoming task-oriented.

Here's everything I'm doing now:

* Chess Avatara
* Reading Harry Potter 5
* Playing Final Fantasy I

Two of these tasks will be done in the short-term. Obviously, Avatara will be going deep into 2006, and is a slow work in progress.

Now, here's everything I plan on doing...all of which I either have the book/game, or am otherwise ready to start:

* Play Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
* Play Super Mario 64 DS
* Read Harry Potter 6
* Read the Wal-Mart book I bought last week
* Read Al Franken's The Truth: With Jokes
* Play Final Fantasy II

In addition to this bloating list, I also have some coming districtions:

* Buy and Play Animal Crossing: Wild World
* Buy and Play Final Fantasy III
* Buy and Play Final Fantasy IV

All the while, I'm still wanting to play Guild Wars, which I haven't played in 3 weeks! I'm wondering if my best bet is to put GW in moth balls til the Spring...it's an open-ended game and eating into my other activities.

...

Well, it's all entertainment. No rush, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home