Friday, January 07, 2005

InsureWorx and the Double Launch

posted by John Blanco @ 7:14 PM

 

Taliant is dead. Long live InterWorx.

Taliant Software, my company, has been bought out by WorldGroup and the new, merged, company is now called Interworx. Don't believe me? Just click...yeah, that's right...

So, my company's name is syllabatically equivalent, easier to sound out, but trickier to say. I'm still getting used to it. Taliant was a made up word which mixed Talent + Reliant. InsureWorx is actually WorldGroup's product's name...i.e., our competition. In a few months, we'll be fully folded into the labia of their company and be known by the hideous name of "WorldGroup."

Yep, same name. Isn't it disgusting? No personality. :-)

Speaking of business news (segway, segway, segway), Michele and I have each launched our own business ventures this week!

Mine I've talked about...but, yesterday I posted the first version of my Web site. Still needs work, of course, but the key is I have a solid base with which to work with. Plus, I gots me plenty of time before I *need* it to be looking keen.

Check it out here.

Within the month, I will launch an all out attack on the Web, posting my prior demos (Tetris and Maze!) to as many sites as I can find. I must get the brand out there.

Michele has a new venture going. She's going to be doing children's room murals. Yes, she's a muralist. Sexy. :-) She hopes to line up some work for a nice discount this week. The key is references. And hey, if yer reading this, wouldn't you like a nice Dilbert mural on your wall? ;-)

Well, time to stop blogging and get to more important things...like slacking off on a Friday evening. We have a full day of NFL playoffs and dismantling our Christmas decorations tomorrow, so gotta conserve the energy.

Asta.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home