Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Weekend is Here!

posted by John Blanco @ 9:04 AM

 

Oooooh boy and it couldn't have come sooner. Geesh, what a week!

At work, our project went a little longer than expected -- mostly due to my vacation which came right before the expected end of it. As it stands, we needed an exta few days. Though not done yet, it will be done and checked in Monday. Not too much pain.

In it was a 14-hour work day. That was brutal. I've finally caught up with sleep though, even if we were out a little late last night.

Last night, Michele and I enjoyed an evening downtown. We first went to dinner at a place called Ted's Montana Grill. Some friends highly recommended the onion rings, though I think I'm too addicted to the fried, oily kind to have appreciated the seemingly baked variety they had there -- but not bad. What I did love were the burgers! OMG! Delicious! :-) Good prices, too.

Afterwards, we wandered the city a bit and ended up at our favorite little spot, the Tattered Cover bookstore. This is one of the I'm-really-a-chain-but-I-feel-oh-so-indie bookstores...of which there are three in Colorado (but who really cares about the Highlands Ranch location, it's a fraud!!!)

I thumbed through some political books, one of which I ill soon buy. Hostile Takeover by David Sirota looks like a winner to me!

First, I need to finish My Life by Bill Clinton. I'm 100 pages in to his 1,000-page autobiography, but I did it in less than a week, so not too bad! :-)

All tangents aside, afterward, we joined up with Kevin, Shawn, and Aaron for the 9:45 showing of An Inconvenient Truth, the documentary about Global Warming. It was deliciously, but frighteningly, good. Very recommended!

Also, we went to the Mayan to see it. My first time there, and it was really neat. :-)

...

Some goals for this weekend:

* Find the last pearl in Windwaker.

* Read 100 more pages of My Life (tough!)

* Finish chapter 3 of Lost Magic, the Nintendo DS game I am playing

Aside from that, we have a few chores to do, but nothing else but relaxing to accomplish. :-)

Have a good weekend, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home