Monday, October 31, 2005

Calabro Trip Complete; Blog Hiatus

posted by John Blanco @ 6:30 AM

 

Calabro has left the building! A grand vacation filled with lots of fun is done, and my great friend from New York is now back at home, back at work, and the Yog and I are back to the quiet household. :-)

We had a great time! Unfortunately, and most sadly, there is a small trauma that has befallen us!

No, it's not that I am Kermit-sounding sick, which I am. I'm home from work today which I positively hate, but it's better than bringing my disease in with me.

The problem is my laptop has died. :-( Yesterday, it made some sick noises, and now it's unbootable. I will be limping it to Best Buy today for service. It doesn't sound good. My guess is that the hard drive will be dead...but hopefully it's ttttttttt...WHOA, the wireless keyboard just died, too! (Replaced batteries.) What's up, maaaaaaaaaan? :-)

Yeah, so I hope to hope that the hard drive data can be saved. :-( I backed up my Avatara work before Chris got here (I'm pretty sure), but I also have tons of MP3's burned on there and the big blow is this: All the vacation pics of Chris's trip are on there. If I lose the data, EVERY photo from the trip is gone. :-((

So, very depressed right now. But, I'll bring in the laptop and we'll see what can be done...

Uggggggggggg.

As for the blog, it's on hiatus til I get back to things. I mean, I have no pics to show, so what's the frickin point?

As for a quick summary of other updates...the Yog and I got our Nintendo DS's (teal and pink), I am down 50 in fantasy league and have Roth/Parker/Reed tonight and some hope for a miracle, and I supposedly go back to work tomorrow. :-) As for now, I'm home, and need some health food.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home